A storm and a promise

Guten Tag everyone!
Tiny Luther needs a Starbucks

This is Tiny Luther coming to you from Miami Airport!  I have flown many miles and waited many hours to get to this point, but now is a time of promise.

Pastor Aaron said that the details are way too much for this blog, but let's just say that the storm rolling through the New England states really messed up the plans for me and this group of pilgrims.  The good news is all of the group has the promise to make into Rome between 7am - 12:20pm.

Storms really messed things up for us.

Speaking of storms, have you ever heard about how a storm changed my life?

I had recently completed a Master's degree and started my law studies at the University of Erfurt. I was on his way back to Erfurt after having visited my parents when I was caught in a terrible thunder storm a few hours outside of Erfurt. Lightning struck near my and I was thrown to the ground by the air pressure it created. At this moment I called to Saint Anne: "I will become a monk!"  I just wanted to get away from the storm, be safe, and make it to Erfurt.

As they say, the rest is history.  I was saved from the storm and I made to Erfurt.  Much to my father's disgust and anger, I honored my solemn promise I made that night. I had one last party with my university friends on July 16 and the next day I entered the Monastery in Erfurt to become a monk.

So that's part of my story.  Storms in life can really seem to mess things up for us, but, thanks be to God for the fact that God faces the storms with us, and can even take a storm and use it for a...course correction :-)

May this post find you blessed, and hopefully I will write to you again so, this time FROM ROME!

Wunderbar und Auf Wiedersehen! ~Tiny Luther


Comments